Monday, May 26, 2008

A Parade, Some Golf, A Movie and Fun at the Sagamore

This week has been pretty hectic. On Saturday 5/17, Charlotte and I got to ride a fire truck in the Niska-Day parade. The old fire truck that we rode on is owned by a fireman of the Grand Boulevard Fire Department in Niskayuna, NY where my father is a member. Mom, Laura, Erin, Michael & Kate also rode with us. Maeve and Chris watched the parade from Nott Street. Charlotte hung close to me during the whole ride, but she did seame to enjoy herself. I think this will become a tradition aand who knows, maybe Maeve and Chris will join us on the truck next year.

On Sunday, Dad, myself and a friend of ours played 18 holes at Mohawk River Country Club & Chateau in Rexford, NY. This round was special because it was the first time I played Sunday Golf with my Dad since his surgery.
On Monday, my buddy Chris invited me to see a free showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As most people know, I love the Indian Jones series (although not as much as my buddy Chris), and going into this movie the only thing I was hoping for is the same Spielberg magic as the other three. Well all I can say is I got my wish. If you like the first three, you will like this one. It was great. To see a full review of the movie, go to Chris blog.

On Saturday (5/24), it was back to the links...this time I was invited to play one of the best courses in the area...The Sagamore in Bolton Landing, NY. It lived up to what everybody had told me about this place. Long course, plush rough and beautiful views of Lake George. I shot pretty well for not playing the course, although I should have broken 100 easily. I guess my mind was a little distracted by the $6.00 beers. But that is a story for another day.

Now, you might be saying...why was I up at the Sagamore mingling with the rich and famous. Well, that leads us to our Sunday activity. Chris and I were invited to a the wedding of my friend's daughter at the Sagamore. The wedding was beautiful, the party was rocking, the food was delicious and Tal & Erin looked great. And again, the Sagamore lived up to what everybody had told us about this place. It not to often we get to go out by ourselves now, let alone to a wedding, let alone at a 5 star hotel.

Today, it was day to relax. Chris, Charlotte, Maeve and I went to the Crossings of Colonie for a picnic, playtime and to watch the ducks.

That's all for now, check out more photos in our family album.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home