Sunday, April 13, 2008

Not Just Saux Fans Believe in Curses

The Post is reporting it, Fox Sports reported it on Friday and even my buddy Chris reported it on his blog. I'm talking about the now famous Ortiz Jersey that was buried at the new Yankee Stadium by an obvious construction worker who was also an avid Red Sox Fan.

Anybody who knows me know that I am not a believer of superstitions. In fact, I've been known to make fun of all the Red Sox fans out there who believed in what they call "the curse".

Now it's obvious even high level management in the Yankee organization believe in curses and lost some sleep over the possibility of a Saux jersey was buried in their house. So what do they do?? TheyRip up their new stadium, find the jersey and donated it to charity.

Wow, I guess not wining a World Series in awhile, really makes a Yankee mind go loopy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I NEVER mentioned the C-word.

Nope, not in there.

On that note, I have to say that the Yankees really need to sue the contractor/construction worker. I cannot imagine the expense it took on a weekend with concrete-busting equipment to unearth that shirt.

Effin stupid.

 
At 4/14/2008 1:15 PM, Blogger Aaron Hull said...

Yes, you are right...you never said the "C" worde. But you did say something just as silly: "couldn’t be in the room when the opposing team was at bat". I guess I just assumed you were a Curse believer.

So do you or have you ever beleived in "the curse"?

The contractor shouldn't be sued at all. The buried jersey was harmless, uless you believe in curses. My Dad said it perfectly this morning in a e-mail: "I can't believe they would even give a damn if 20 jerseys are buried.
I though the "top brass" were more intelligent than that".

 
At 4/15/2008 1:02 AM, Blogger Roon said...

If the construction prankster was smart, he would have waited until after the new stadium was open to blow the whistle. Let's see if they'd tear up the floor in the visiting clubhouse then!

The whole thing amounts to little more than a publicity stunt, or else the Yanks wouldn't have turned the removal of the jersey into a publicity stunt.

 
At 4/15/2008 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think Eric Wilbur of NESN/Boston Globe got it right.
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2008/04/14/burial_grounds_for_concern/

"It always has been New York, not Boston, obsessed with paranormal fits of fate. Looking for the Babe's piano and the mayor's cookie crumbling were wavering moments, but most Bostonians scoffed at mentions of curses and voodoo while their teams made it increasingly frustrating at times not to give into an easy crutch for their misfortune, Yankee fans reveled in it, seemingly believing that all the woes in Boston were thanks to a dead, fat home run hitter."

After further rational thought, I decided that no, please no lawsuit. It would just bring more attention to this already rediculous matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home