Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Case of the Missing Scare Tactics

Remember this? I know, you may have to search way back into your memory...Try prior to the 2004 election. Yep, it was used by the Bushed Administration to scare the hell out of people into voting for Dubya in 2004. I remember telling a colleague back in the summer of 2004 that once Dubya gets elected, you will never see these tactics again. I also remember seeing warnings on overhead signs around D.C in 2004 reminding people to call a phone number if they see terrorist activities.

Well, I guess I was right. Remember all the talk of small pox and Anthrax scares? Yep, once Dubya won in 2004, we never heard about this stuff again.

But wait...The 2008 presidential election is in November. Shall we say the tactics will appear again in, say, September....hmmmm. Yeah, September, that's it.

By the way, notice I said Dubya was elected in 2004 and not re-elected. Remember, Dubya was appointed by the US Supreme Court in 2000, and elected for the first time in 2004. But in the eyes of Justice Scalia, I need to "Get over it. It's so old by now." OK Buddy, whatever!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5/02/2008 11:37 AM, Blogger Roon said...

You know I'm not fan of Bush either, but I agree with Scalia. He won the electoral vote. Get over it.

I can't wait to see how Democrats deal if Obama wins the most delegates but Hillary pulls ahead thanks to the super delegates. Will they cry that she stole the nomination?

 
At 5/02/2008 10:17 PM, Blogger Aaron Hull said...

Gore should have won Florida's electorial ballots and the election...End of story.

Yes, they will cry and the party will be so divided that McCaine will win. That's scarry because his first order of business will be to invade Iran (if Bush hasn't by then). Then the only way that our military will be able to sustain presence in Iran, Iraq and Afgan. will be a draft with no college deferments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home