Monday, July 24, 2006

Booing Is Part of Life

Today on ESPN radio Dan Patrick talked extensively how it is wrong for Yankee Fans to boo A-Rod during his latest slump. Dan says booing doesn't solve anything and it may even make matters worse. I disagree.

In my opinion, fans booing A-Rod is similar to complaining to restaurant management when your steak is cold or it take 4 hours for the waitress/waiter to serve it to you. We don't just sit there and say...oh the waitress must be having a bad day...or give her time, she will come around. No...We go to the manager and bitch him or her out OR we may reduce the tip. So instead of leaving the standard 15-20%, we may leave a penny. It's also like you or I making a mistake at work. I don't know about you, but if I make a mistake at work, (even if I'm trying hard) I'm still going to here about it from my boss. The same goes for A-Rod, if fan's didn't boo, then what other way would there be to express their dissatisfaction with a play or player. Yes, it's only baseball...but waiting for a steak for 4 hours is just that...waiting for a steak for 4 hours. And don't forget, the waitress is making maybe $6.00 per hour. How much is A-Rod making?

Incidentally, why isn't Jeter or Torre telling everybody to ease up on A-Rod? We all know Jeter defended Chuck Knoblauch during his slump back in 1999. Wait a minute, so did Torre. HMMMMM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home