Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pass the Cocoa Krispies Please?

I will admit, after Damon joined the evil empire I was a little worried about who the Sox were going to get to replace him. But Theo, the genius, showed his brains again and went after Coco Crisp from Cleveland...A move I loved when I first heard the rumor. Yes, everytime I say his name I always think of Cocoa Krispies cereal, but man can he play. Check out the grab he made Thursday night when the Sox played the Mets. With the tying run on 1st, David Wright hit a bullet deep into the gap in left-center field and Crisp grabbed it in spactacular fashion protecting the 3-2 lead. If Crisp didn't make the catch, there was no doubt the runner would had scored from 1st. The Sox went on to win their 12th in a row and 4 ahead of the Yankees (They lost last night, so the lead is down to 3 games ahead of the Yankees).

Hey, Damon is a great hitter and center fielder for the Soxs, but I'll take Cocoa Krispies any day. I don't think Damon could have made this catch.

1 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can watch that catch over and over and over and over and over...you get the picture...yeah, I think Coco became a real Red Sox that night.

I'm ordering a Maggie a Crisp shirt as we speak...to replace the Damon one, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home