Thursday, July 31, 2008

So Long Manny...Thanks For the Memories!!

People have asked how I feel about the Manny trade. For me, it comes down to what is best for the team and at this point, it seams that now was a good time to part ways. Manny didn't want to be there and the organization had run out of patience, so why keep him. Although I like certain players, I try not get hung up and glamorize individuals essentially because this is a team sport and it takes a team to win. I want the Boston Red Sox to win the World Series. I could care less about individual stats.

Yes, I said back in May the "Manny being Manny" antics, although self centered, they never really bothered me because I do believe he was trying. The stuff he does can’t all come naturally. But they also didn't bother me because I truly believe that most athletes in sports have this same "it's all about me attitude", Manny just made it obvious.
So, is Manny a great player...yes. Will I miss his bat...yes. Will I miss his goofiness...yes. Are there other fish in the sea that can fill his shoes...yes. Will the Red Sox be better off without him...well, the jury is still out on that one. Morale will be better in the Clubhouse and I still think we can make it back to the WS this year. I seam to recall something similar happening in 2004 with some guy by the name of Nomar...I can't remember his last name.

But 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years down the road...The Red Sox will be fine!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home