Thursday, June 21, 2007

80's Flashback

Tonight Chris, Charlotte and I went down to Albany's "Alive at Five" concert series at Albany's river front park. Tonight's was a flashback to the 80's with Asia being the headliner.


I will admit, they had a handful of hits and released only 4 albums/CDs (of original material) since their self-title debut back in 1982...I have all of them in some form (album, tape, CD).


Although It's been awhile since I listened to their music, I must say the band sounded good. Lead Singer's, John Wetton voice was strong and the rest of the band played very well together considering this was their first tour together in a very long while. They even went back to the roots of Howe and Downes by playing some "Yes" and "Video Killed The Radio Star".


So all in all it was a good concert for the price (free) and it was brought back some great childhood memories. Even Charlotte was rocking...I just never though her first concert would be ASIA!!!

Next up...Hair of The Dog and Cherish The Ladies on July 12th. See you there!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may stick around downtown to catch the HoD and CtL Alive at Five.

Email/call me!! My building and garage is RIGHT next door to the footbridge so I'd just walk over there from work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home