Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Great Freak-Out of 2007

Well we survived the Great Freak-Out of 2007. Yes I know we haven't received a lot of snow in the last few years, but cummon...We live in the Northeast and most of us have lived here all our lives. It's only snow, it's not like the world is ending. We received only about 18 inches and even Albany's Times Union was hooked thinking it was the end of the world.

It's funny, you turn on the local news and people are going crazy...Buying food like they are going to be trapped in house for a month, moaning and crying about the snow. I don't get what the fuss was about. I've lived here all my life. I came to work on Wednesday at regular time and left at regular time and the roads were fine (considering that we received 17 inches). I understand people not coming to work because their kids are home from school or if their work was closed for the day or if they can work from home or if they live a long way from work. But the people who don't have kids and live locally, why would you take the day off if your work is open? Just get in the car, give yourself plenty of time, take it slow, leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you and eventually you will get there. Personally I rather save my time for when it is 85 and sunny.

I will say my car got stuck around the corner from my house. I was going to run to get a shovel, but a nice lady came out of her house and let me use hers. She said I was the 5th car to get stuck. We shoveled some snow away from the car, I thanked her and off I went. No big deal.

When I got home, I snow blowed the driveway and then celebrated Chris's birthday and Valentine's Day with Chris and Charlotte.

Happy Birthday Chris and Happy Valentines Day too!!! Hopefully I won't have to spend so much time shoveling next year.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron...
Did you make that cake or did Charlotte! Happy Birthday Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home