Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Did your mom ever say those words when you were a little kid? I'm sure my Mom did once or twice. Probably when I swore in front of her and then try to say to her "Well you said it, so why can't I". Well, a parent can say this to their kids, because they are the parent. Parents don't have to give reasons, because they are the parents. And all that is fine.

But last night Dubya basically told the congress and a majority of Americans just this. No, he did not say it word for word, but when he talked about his new plan for Iraq, he did say "I ask You To Give It A Chance To Work".

So how is this related to the saying "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"? Well, four short years ago, when Dubya was demanding that this country invade Iraq, critics (like myself) asked him to give inspectors a chance to do their work in Iraq. We asked Dubya to give diplomacy a chance and let inspectors find the Weapons of Mass Destruction that his administration claimed Iraq had. If the inspectors didn't find them, then there was no need to go to war.

Obviously he didn't listen to us. He didn't give our plan a chance. Now, $361,000,000,000, 3,404 US Casualties, 22,728 U.S. Wounded and 0 WOMD later, he wants us to give his plan a chance!!! He wants us to trust him!!

He can do the "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" with his kids, but not with the American public and his plan is the same "Stay The Course" plan, just a different cover.

Get out now...It's our only choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home