Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Bribe Is In The Mail

I came home from work today and had to laugh when I saw a envelope from the NYS Department of Taxation & Finance...I knew exactly what it was. It was my $133 school property tax rebate.

So, you may be saying, what is the big deal...The boys of Albany gave us a tax break for once...A little more cash in the pocket helps...No big deal. WRONG. My problem is with the timing of these checks. Amazing how it is less then 60 days before the general election and we are getting a rebate. Could it be to help us out with our school tax bill? Well that is the reason that they are giving us, but that is not the real reason. You see the scum of Albany want to make sure you remember them when you go to the booth on November 7th...It's just a good old fashion bribe.

Again, I don't have a problem with the rebate, but I do with the timing. After working for the state for 12 years I know how these clowns work. These guys are buying votes with your money. Look at what the letter that came with the check says: "...we are pleased to provide you with a bribe of $133...Please remember your incumbent on November 7th. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home