Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Spinning Pepper at a Duck Hunt

Ok...I'm going to chime in on the whole Dick Cheney accidental shooting. Yes, the press is going overboard on the conspiracy theories and making this bigger then it is. (Although I don't blame the press considering how this administration has lied in the past). With that said, the late night talk shows are having a lot of fun with this. Jon Stewart, host of The Daily Show said it perfectly Monday night when Duck Hunt Host, Katherine Armstrong stated that Texas lawyer Harry Whittington was accidentally "peppered" by Mr Cheney. Stewart went on to say (I'm paraphrasing) that "Peppered" is what you do to a Caesar Salad...Whittington was shot Dude".I personally think that Jon Stewart is one of the funniest guys on TV and I hope some day when Letterman retires, Stewart is tapped to take over The Late Show.

Speaking of The Late Show, here are "Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses" for "Peppering" Mr. Wittington:
10. "Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm"
9. "Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page"
8. "Not enough Jim Beam"
7. "Trying to stop the spread of bird flu"
6. "I love to shoot people"
5. "Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter"
4. "I thought the guy was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"
3. "Excuse? I hit him, didn't I?"
2. "Until Democrats approve medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly"
1. "Made a bet with Gretzky's wife"

Although this is all in good fun, on a serious note, Mr. Whittington condition was downgraded after suffered a mild heart attach from being "Peppered". We can only hope that Mr. Whittington makes a full recovery.

1 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whose was driving Kennedy. Maybe take a boat next time. Gary Hary found that entertaining.

Go Yankees

 

Post a Comment

<< Home