Monday, March 10, 2008

Time For Change

If you live in NY, by now you have heard of the story that will rock NY politics for years. Gov. Elliot Spitzer has been linked to a high priced prostitution ring. Yes, that's right the man, known as the Wall Street Sheriff, who came into Albany as Governor 1.5 years ago and promised change, who gave so many New Yorkers (including myself) so much hope that NY politics will work once again has apologized for in his words: "...acts in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong". Spitzer went on by saying "I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public, whom I promised better".

As most of you know, I'm a political junky...I'm not registered with a particular party, but I do love talking politics and debating ideas. In general, my beliefs are more in line with the democratic party, but I have voted republican once or twice and I have never contributed a dime to a political campaign, nor will I ever in the future.

I must say, I have never seen anything like this before in state politics at this level. Here is guy who showed such promise, came into Albany and promised to clean things up and look what happened. He steamrolled everybody who didn't agree with him, he wanted to give driver licenses to illegal aliens, trooper gate and now this. I could have dealt with the others, but what he apologized today I can't let go. I'm not talking about him cheating on his wife or being a bad Dad (that's a private issue) , but the crime of hiring a prostitute and dealing with organized crime.

Elliot Spitzer is a disgrace and should resign immediately.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home