Sunday, March 09, 2008

11 Years, Quadruple the Price

Back in the summer of 2000, a friend of mine told me that if Al Gore were to win the presidency, you would see gas prices over $2.00/gal. I laughed at him and told him that it was another republican scare tactic. I should have told him that he must be getting confused: electing Dubya "oil man" Bush will drive the prices up so far the oil companies will be dancing in the streets celebrating all the profits they are about to make.

Well, as history shows, when Dubya was appointed in 2000 gas was around $1.25/gal. Now it's $3.31 and Dubya's buddies at Exxon/Mobil are making trillions of dollars every year. Do you realize that the price of gas has quadrupled since 1997 when it was .90/gal? Yep, in 1997 it cost $11.73 to fill up my 13 gallon tank in my Dodge Colt. Now it costs me $43.25 to fill up my 13 gallon tank in my VW Jetta.

Nice energy policy Dubya....But I guess as a oil man, you don't care. I hope everybody is ready for the big storm...otherwise known as a recession.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home