Monday, March 12, 2007

I've been Snowed!!

And I bet you thought this was going to be another rant about Dubya...Wrong today!! I actually feel a little dirty today. You see a few weeks ago, I was very happy for Al Gore and how An Inconvenient Truth, rightfully won the Oscar for Best Documentary Feature. Although I still agree that global warming is being accelerated by humans and feel this movie brings out some important facts, I'm very annoyed at Al Gore and his "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" attitude.

According to MSNBC and other sources, Al Gore's monthly utility bill is over $2,500 for his 10,000 Sq. Ft. house. Yes, that's 10,000. And then his spokeswoman had the audacity to say the former vice president's invests in enough renewable energy to make up for the home's power consumption. Give me a break!!!

I agree with the movie, An Inconvenient Truth, but it irks me to see that the movie's spokesperson is not practicing what he preaches. The whole world needs to get behind this issue; But how are we supposed to do this when the spokesperson and "supporter" of this issue is wastefully consuming energy?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3/13/2007 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're not the only one that's been snowed... All those politicians are the same... Whether Democratic or Republican, they talk a good story complaining about others but when it comes to them it's different...

He must have put up a lot of Christmas lights this year:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home