Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Time to Throw the First Punch

As most of you are well aware, I am a avid Red Socks fan and like all Socks fans, I HATE the Yankees with a passion. Now, I am a person that very rarely uses the word hate, but let me just say it again...I HATE the Yankees. Even after the Socks won it all in 2004 the feeling I have towards the Yankees has never subsided.

With that said and with opening day only 4 days away, I think it is appropriate to start the battle up again and throw the first punch. Accordingly to NBC sports, the Yankees ace starter, Randy Johnson (otherwise known as The Unit) is suing his former girlfriend and mother of his child over $71,000 in child care payments that he shouldn't had paid her in the first place. According to the article, Johnson demanded that Laurel return $71,000 in day-care payments and $26,000 in interest because the teen was too old to be in day care. Johnson stated "My daughter is 16 and has not been in day care for at least five years,".

Maybe it's just me, but why is the Unit just figuring this out? Any moron knows that kids usually stop requiring day care when they hit their middle school years. You think he would have figured this out considering he has 4 kids with his current wife. But wait, there is more...Apparently The Unit only met his daughter once (in the hospital) when she was born. What a "nice" guy. His pitching coach must have reminded him how old she was.

Regardless of the fact that legally he may have a case to get his money back, I personally feel he shouldn't because:
- He's a millionaire ($72,000 is pennies to him)
- He should have had a clue that kids usually stop requiring day care when they hit their middle school years.
-The $72,000 should be his penalty for not being around for his daughter (and that's getting off cheap).

What ever happens in this case, I'm guessing the Unit will not be named Father of the Year. Ahhh the Yankees, home of 26 world series, drug users, wife beaters, steroid users and "great" Dads. I can't wait til May 1st!!!

1 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being married to a non-custodial father, this story burns my butt. Being that it is Randy Johnson, it makes me really sick.

(To make a funny, that woman should be paid the money just for sleeping with him. EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!)

We still pay the daycare supplement even though his kids are 12 and 14. It is not a large amount of money and we know it is needed and used for other things...shoes and clothes are more expensive at this age. And we aren't multimillionares!

As we speak, my husband is out buying his kids new sneakers even though we pay ample child support to cover such things.

Randy...you suck no matter what uniform you wear. But you are a Yankee, you suck all the more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home